Time & Location
04 Feb 2024, 10:30 am
Ian Johnson Oval, St Kilda VIC 3182, Australia
About the event
We'll be marching in the Midsumma Pride March in 2024 and invite you to join us! 🏳️⚧️💜
More details will come as we get them but you can expect:
- We usually have a marshalling time near the start of the March, for accessibility reasons (so there's less time waiting in the marshalling area)
- We bring some signs to carry or you can bring your own (but you don't have to)
- It's okay if you've never been to a Shed event before! You're still welcome 🤗
- Supportive plus-ones are more than welcome
- Support workers and accessibility aides are encouraged as always
After the March:
We finish in Catani Gardens where we will have a picnic and a social hang out! If you're not up for Marching, you're welcome to meet and join us in the Gardens afterwards.
Health and safety:
It's often very hot on the day - please bring what you need to take care of yourself including water, hat, sunscreen and anything else you need.
If you're unwell please stay home! Even though we're outdoors, we want to make things as safe as possible for the wider community. Mask wearing is welcome.
If you register for the event on our website, we will email you if we become aware of a COVID exposure after the march.
Accessible drop-off areas are available (see info below)
We are marshalling on the Ian Johnson Oval which is a sports field but is usually dry enough to navigate with wheels (walker, wheelchair).
You are welcome to (and encouraged) to bring a support person of any kind.
If you have any questions or any feedback on how we can make your participation more accessible, please either message on the facebook event or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific accessibility information from Midsumma:
Accessible Drop-off Point for MARCHERS: Canterbury Rd near Mary St.
- Accessible Assembly Point: beside the start of the parade route, between Fitzroy Street and Ian Johnson Oval.
Accessible Drop-off Point for WATCHING (this is close to the Accessible Viewing area): Park Lane and West Beach Road until 10:30am.
- Enter via Park Lane and turn left into West Beach Rd.
- Note that no parking is available - this is a drop-off zone only.
- Midsumma Volunteers will be available to assist.
Accessible Viewing Platform: located at tram stop 134 on Fitzroy Street, between Park Lane and Loch Street. Registration required via the Midsumma Pride March - Register for Accessible Viewing Area form (registration not yet available).
Wheelchair Lift: available at the stage.
Accessible Toilets: all toilet blocks at the Ian Johnson Oval and in Catani Gardens include accessible toilets.