top of page
Sat, 03 Sept|
Drawing our trans* bodies: ZOOM
Drawing our trans* bodies is an art-making is a collaboration between The Shed and Queers Draw This.
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
03 Sept 2022, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
About the event
About this event Drawing our trans* bodies is an art-making is a collaboration between The Shed and Queers Draw This.
What to expect:
- First hour: intros, and rapport building with the group: drawing the surfaces and sensory experiences of your own body (and option: that of a mate who's with you)
- Second 2 hours: drawing the live model in different poses - with an emphasis on exploration, play and discovery
- Use whatever media you like
Queers Draw This's practice is accessible, neurodiverse friendly and trauma-informed. You can always sit out an activity if it doesn't feel right for you.
But 'I can't draw' and/or I'm not very comfortable in my own body:
- This could be a lovely supportive space for you :)
- The drawing we'll do is about connection and exploration (anti-perfection)
- Goal is to create "a space where we can pause and play with our sensations and experiences of being in a world that is often very hostile to queers" (QDT website)
bottom of page